Sinfully Delicious Pumpkin Cheesecake Stuffed French Toast
Mama April here, and I am so happy it’s almost officially fall, because that means pumpkin is a totally acceptable flavor. This Pumpkin Cheesecake stuffed french toast is so rich that one slice (and a couple slices of bacon) are all you need for a hearty and warming breakfast for those cool autumn mornings, sweet an savory collide with this mouth watering recipe.
- 2 one Inch thick slices of hearty bread ( I used publix bakery traditional white bread, uncut)
- 1 Can pumpkin (you will only be using about 1/4 of a cup)
- 1/8 C Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 Oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2tbs international delight Pumpkin Spice
- 2 Tbs Maple Syrup
How do I cook it?
- Combine pumpkin,Brown sugar, vanilla,cream cheese and 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice together & set aside.
- Prepare egg dip by mixing 3 eggs with creamer and remaining 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice.
- Create pocket in bread with a knife leaving 3 sides intact and uncut.
- Fill each bread pocket with 1/2 of your pumpkin mix
- Dip each slice in egg mixture, making sure to let it soak for a few seconds.
- Fry as you would traditional french toast, allowing each side to turn golden brown.
- Top with butter (optional) and drizzle with maple syrup.
*Recipe creates 2 servings.