No Bake Aloha Cheesecake Pie
Maybe it was the thought of impending summer, maybe it was watching the Disney World vacation videos and seeing all the pineapple whips, or maybe it was watching Moana for the 15th time, but at some point during the past few days I got a crazy craving for pineapple. Then while browsing the frozen section of the local grocery store, my eyes fell upon the new limited edition Cheesecake Cool Whip and I knew I had to buy in and find a use for it! Not wanting to heat the house I settled upon an idea for a no bake pie.
Want to make it yourself? Here’s what you’ll need-
1 3.4oz box cheesecake pudding mix
(and 1 1/2 C milk to mix in the pudding.)
1 container cheesecake flavored Cool Whip
1 9oz ready made graham cracker pie crust
1 Can pineapple (blend 1/2c in your food processor)
- Make pudding according to package directions, with the exception of the amount of milk. Because we are going to have the juices from the pineapple, we want to leave out some liquid, So use 1 1/2 c instead of the 2 the directions call for – for a firmer pie use only 1 c milk.
- Fold in 1/2 container Cool whip, be sure not to over mix, as this will cause the whip to go “flat”.
- Gently stir in 1/2c crushed pineapple.
- Remove wrapping and fill pie crust with mixture.
- Place in fridge for approx 30 minutes, or freezer for quicker setting time and top with remaining cool whip.
- Decorate with remaining pineapple.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve or freeze for a shorter time for a quicker setting pie.
Be sure to check our youtube channel for this recipe and many more!