MomMom’s Keto Friendly Cauliflower Potato Salad
Happy Monday Family! Lots of new recipes going to be coming your way however this is an older favorite of ours but some of our newer family members may not have seen it so we are revising some of our older content. Trying to balance everything to give me more time working with my favorite people..Why you of course! My family! 🙂 So today we have Cauliflower Potato Salad I only put the word potato in there because it looks exactly like it and if you close your eyes when taking a bite you would swear that what it is! It’s some amazing stuff!
So I make mock potatoes with cauliflower and wondered what it would taste like as mock potato salad..The results were absolutely wonderful! And get this! A cup of this amazing stuff is a little more then 100 calories! And….8 grams of carbs and 3 grams of sugar! SCORE! So if you are Diabetic or a carb watcher this recipe is for you! Mama Dawn said it now has to be a staple at Thanksgiving along with of course Coleslaw and Green Bean Casserole. Hmm wonder how I can make them carb friendly? Are you seeing a trend here? lol So with all that said I know you want to know what goes into this so here we go…..
102 calories per serving, 8 grams of carbs, 3 grams of sugar, 5 grams of fiber, and 5 grams of protein..
MomMom's Keto Friendly Cauliflower Potato Salad
- 1 6"-7" inch diameter head cauliflower
- 5 chopped hard boiled eggs
- 2 2 stalk, medium (7-1/2" – 8" long), Celery – Raw
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1/2 cup frozen peas (I run then in a colander under cold water for about a minute to that them before adding)
- 1/2 cup Low Fat Mayonnaise (I used Hellmanns)
- 1/4 cup Regular Mayonnaise (Again I used Hellmans)
- 1/4 cup Light sour cream (I used Daisy)
- optional Mrs Dash seasoning or any seasoning you would like
- Cut up cauliflower and boil till “Al Dente” I actually put the cauliflower in with the cold water when I turned it on so you don’t have to wait for the water to boil first.After it came to a boil I cooked it for approx 15 minutes. Pour into a colander and rinse with cold water. While that is cooling chop your celery into small pieces. Shell your boiled eggs and chop into somewhat small pieces the same goes with your onion. Add this all into a bowl and add your drained cauliflower. You may want to chop some of your cauliflower if it is in large pieces as you want small almost nugget size pieces. Now add your peas, mayo, sour cream & Mrs. Dash seasoning. Mix all together and refrigerate for at least an hour as it is best served cold. Enjoy! This will become your favorite too!