Impress Your In Laws (or boss or new husband) With This Amazingly Easy Apple Pie Stuffed French Toast With Sea Salt Caramel Syrup.
So we all know that internationally famous house of pancakes, and how delicious all the stuff french toast looks from there, but the one thing I’ve discovered is the fillings are always too sweet for me, and there is TOO Much of it, When I make stuffed french toast I like to taste both the french toast and the filling and let them tickle my taste buds together. I also really enjoy dessert cake or pie it’s hard for me to say no and the other morning I REALLY wanted some apple pie so I decided to turn dessert into breakfast. For this deceptively easy Apple Pie French Toast you will need the following:
- 2 one Inch thick slices of hearty bread ( I used publix bakery traditional white bread, uncut)
- 1 Can apple pie filling (you will only be using about 1/3 of a cup)
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2tbs milk
- 2 Tbs Bosco’s Sea Salt Caramel Syrup (you can use whatever brand you like, we just happened to have this one on hand.)
How do I cook it?
- Pour apple pie mix into a mixing bowl and cut apples into bite size pieces. Mix in 1/2 tsp cinnamon & set aside.
- Prepare egg dip by mixing 3 eggs with milk and remaining 1/2 tsp cinnamon.
- Create pocket in bread with a knife leaving 3 sides intact and uncut.
- Fill each bread pocket with 1/2 of your apple mix
- Dip each slice in egg mixture, making sure to let it soak for a few seconds.
- Fry as you would traditional french toast, allowing each side to turn golden brown.
- Top with butter (optional) and drizzle with sea salt and caramel syrup.
*Recipe creates 2 servings.