Christmas Doesn’t Come From A Store
“What if Christmas”, he thought, “doesn’t come from a store?
What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more?”
In the Mason Jar Mama family, we make a big deal about making memories, and while what we got for christmas may fade, the memories live on. There are a few things that have become a tradition, others we are just getting started on. Here are a few;
1.The tree goes up on Thanksgiving night- we decorate it as a family. This includes Christmas music, and hot chocolate.
2. We snuggle up one night before Christmas, and watch the Polar Express, Hot Chocolate is of course on the menu 🙂
3. Christmas Eve gift: PJ’s and a Christmas book or movie with a special Christmas eve snack
4.Cookies for Santa & Carrots for the reindeer on Christmas eve. We save a few cookies and keep em for Santa!
5. Reading Twas The Night Before Christmas as a bed time story.
6. We don’t have an elf on the shelf, we have a reindeer, he will be making his first apperance on Thanksgiving 🙂
7. Light Drives: Hop in the car and drive around looking at Christmas lights
8. Watching the Reindeer on Reindeer Cam! (Regular feedings by Santa and his elves start on the 17th!)
9. Baking a cake for Jesus and singing “Happy Birthday Jesus” – this one makes me Cry every time!
10. Reading the Christmas Story, about the Birth of Christ.
What are your Holiday traditions? Comment below!