Chicken 3 Ways
Fast forward a couple days later, and there is still left over grilled chicken in the fridge. As delicious as it was, no one wanted left overs, maybe no one seen them? Not wanting to go to waste I decided to use it for lunch and dinner in the same day. Simply marinating and grilling the chicken was use #1 for our chicken, #2 was chicken Cesar pitas.
Chicken Cesar Pitas:
6 oz Grilled Chicken
2 Cups Super Greens (spinach, bok choy)
3 tbs Hidden Valley Ranch Creamy Parmesan Dressing
1 Josephs Whole Wheat Flax Pita
- Chop chicken into small cubes
- Chop Super Greens into manageable bites
- Mix with Hidden Valley Ranch Creamy Parmesan Dressing
- Cut Pita in half and fill each half with chicken Cesar salad mixture
I packed this into a lunch with pita chips, fresh cut veggies & Hummus for a healthy lunch on the go for Mama Carol & I.
Now onto use #3 for our chicken. I’ve been really craving some kind of creamy pasta dish so I decided to use the rest of my grilled chicken along with some left over bacon and make a Grilled Chicken & Bacon Florentine Alfredo.
4 Oz Grilled Chicken Cut into Chunks
4 Strips Cooked chopped bacon
1 Jar Ragu Alfredo Sauce
2 Cups Super Greens (Spinach & Bok Choy)
1 tsp fresh chopped Garlic
1 tsp olive oil
1 Box Penne Pasta
- Heat oil and saute chopped garlic.
- Remove garlic but leave oil
- Saute Chicken & Bacon together in left over oil to heat through
- Add Super Greens and saute til gently wilted
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- Drain pasta
- Toss with desired amount of Alfredo sauce
- Top with chicken, bacon, & spinach