BLT Jar Salad – A Doctors Office Surprise
The other day We 3 Mason Jar Mamas found ourselves sitting in the waiting room of a doctors office (Don’t worry we’re fine it was just a normal check up for Mama April & her asthma). As per usual there was a tv showing the local news, and our ears perked up as Gayle Guyardo’s Guide To Pinterest come on, and this week they were featuring Mason Jar Salads. Imagine our excitement when one of our salads (and our most repinned recipe.) was shown front and center during the segment!! We all looked each other and squealed with excitement.Check out the video segment here!
And for those of you who haven’t pinned, favorited, or shared our recipe, here it is, again:
- Kraft honey Dijon Light Dressing
- 4 Tomato Slices
- 3 Strips Turkey Bacon
- 1/4 Cup Fat free Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Cups Lettuce
- 1 Hard Boiled Egg
- Put 2 Tbsp dressing on bottom, then add 4 tomato slices. Place your 3 slices of turkey bacon in your microwave for 3 minutes then slice your bacon into small pieces and add to your jar. Then goes your 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar. slice your hard boiled egg on top of that and then goes your lettuce. Screw on your lid and you are finished! Place in your refrigerator until you are ready to use.
- Recipe can be doubled, tripled,ect..Make enough for a day or a week!
- Only 295 calories per jar!