3R Focaccia & Almost Italian Wedding Soup
Yesterday was one of those days. I didn’t want any more leftover Mac & Cheese, and I was looking for something a bit lower in calories as well. I had some leftover Crazy Dough that I had taken out of the freezer the day before and since I had no cheese or other pizza toppings I made a focaccia with Red Pepper, Rose Mary, & Romano Cheese and a pot of Almost Italian Wedding Soup- I say almost because instead of the traditional small pasta such as orzo or pastini (which I didn’t have) I used some pearled barley instead. The great thing about this was It was made with almost all leftovers or pre-prepped items and it made enough for me to have lunch for about 3-4 days and share a bit with mom.
1tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1.5tsp Dried Rosemary
1/4C Grated Romano Cheese
1tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat Oven to 450*
- Stretch & press Crazy dough to desired size and thickness, mine was about as thick as my pinky.
- Place dough on greased pizza pan or cookie sheet.
- Drizzle with EVOO
- Sprinkle with Pepper Flakes, Rosemary, & Cheese
- Bake 20 minutes or until lightly browned
Almost Italian Wedding Soup:
16oz Cold Water
1lb Ground Turkey
1/4C Bread Crumbs
2C Cooked Pearled Barley
1tsp Dried Rosemary
1C Frozen Spinach
- Combine Broth, Water, & Rosemary in a pot and bring to a boil.
- While waiting for water to boil mix ground turkey and bread crumbs in a bowl and form into small meatballs ( I made mine a little smaller then ping pong balls.)
- When liquid comes to a boil gently drop meatballs into the pot, continue to boil 5 minutes.
- Turn down heat to a simmer and allow meatballs to cook through.
- Add frozen spinach and simmer another 5 minutes.
You can add any number of seasonings you wish or even use more broth in place of water. I prefer a lighter broth, which is why I used water instead of more broth.