25 DAYS OF COOKIES DAY 7
ON THE 7TH DAY OF CHRISTMAS MY TRUE LOVE GAVE TO ME: Super Easy Biscotti
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
COOK’S NOTE: The dough can be sticky, so lightly flour your hands or coat them with cooking spray before shaping it into logs. Making the logs as uniform as possible ensures even baking.Store biscotti in an airtight container, up to 2 days, or freeze, up to 3 months.
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using an electric mixer, beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Add almonds and beat until combined.
- STEP 2Divide dough in half and transfer to a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet. Form each half into a 2 1/2-inch-wide, 3/4-inch-tall log. Bake until dough is firm but gives slightly when pressed, 20 to 25 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through. Let cool on sheet on a wire rack, 20 minutes.
- STEP 3With a serrated knife, cut logs into 1/4-inch slices on the diagonal and arrange, cut side down, on two parchment-lined rimmed baking sheets. Bake until biscotti are crisp and golden, about 15 minutes, rotating sheets and flipping biscotti halfway through. Let cool on sheets on wire racks.
Thanks to Martha Stewart for this amazing recipe!